Let People Be the Platform. Extend their capabilities rather than those of Apps or Platforms.
are used to extend the capabilities of an app.
- By providing well defined ways to make use of the host app capabilities
- additional capabilities can be provided by adhering to mechanisms
- provided by the host app.
- In this scenario, the extensions are custom made to fit within the app.
- Flipping that, IndieHub provides common useful capabilities that
- any Web app can choose to make use of with minimal changes required to exiting capabilities.
- enriching the app that makes use of IndiHubs capabilities.
IndieHub is not a platform but a
- Apps make use of IndieHub's capabilities,
- they do not extend its capabilities.
- By using IndieHub as a kernel to plug out to additional capabilities,
- Webnative Edge players can extend their capabilities
- by using existing web apps suitable modified to
- do their own thing and relying on IndieHub to
- create and modify data that will then be part of players own(ed) data
- using IndieHub's integrative/interoperative capabilities
- these apps are considered plugouts because they provide app that makes use of
- IndieHub can themselves to Plug Out to any other IndieHub empowered app.
- web resources :