devpost - Browsers 3000trans© trailmarker
devpost - Browser 3000
- demo : idea
- Just a bare landing page
- splicing in the latest published draft of the Hackathon application
- explanation of the graded access
- accept the terms that stipulates that
your access to any resource is recorded (anonymously if you do not share your persona)
the operator has the right to block and not to share your contributions
You own your contribution and in fact have immutable record available to you
to prove that
- All data that you access through IndyWiki is saved on your machine for off line access
- and the data you share get's stored by all readers of your contribution reciprocally
- with the ability to give a nick name
- an optional profile web link
- an optional small avatar image
- trans-provenance for symmathesy
- Focus on the ability for people to explore
- while their exploration/reading creates its own provenance
- When they reach a node that they focus on that node is shared with them
- they get their own copy that they can add comments, suggestions, and post back their contributions
- These contributions could point to their own work
- which is there be becomes accessible throughout the community
- pitch :
Reimagine Wikis as Personal/Community Hubs connecting people to bootstrap the
IndieVerse of HyperMedia for mutual learning, co-creation through
deep conversations to improve our ability to improve
Reimagine Wikis as (inter)Personal/Community Hubs connecting people to bootstrap networks in
the IndieVerse of HyperMedia for mutual learning through
Deep Conversations to improve our ability to improve
Re-imagining the Wiki for the Permanent Web.
Empowering People to engage in Deep Conversations with each other
in their own networks for Mutual Learning to improve our ability to improve
Reimagine the Wiki as the simplest possible constellation of
webnative capabilities to
bootstrap Commons based co-coevolution of
interpersonal intentional interoperable software through conversations
Re-imagining the Wiki for the Permanent Web for
connecting People to engage in Conversations
Mutual Learning co-improve our ability to improve
- telegram - convo with : Gian
- about : the project
Be sure to write what inspired you, what you learned, how you built your project, and the challenges you faced. Format your story in
The project presented here owes its instigating inspiration to
Juan Benet, the founder of Protocol Labs and the new HyperMedia protocol that he
started to build 6? years ago.
We share his inspiration which goes back to Doug Engelbart.
and his original intent of "improving the individual effectiveness of the individual effectiveness"
that would lay the foundations for "Augmenting Human Intellect".
The significance of this protocol lies in the fact that it enables the network to become an Open Commons based
InterPlanetary database creating a Permanent Memory for Humanity on the Web.
Based on IPFS Fission.codes created constellations for
Open, Commons based peer-production of WebNative, born interoperable software.
Building on top of Fission's WebNative constellations this projects demonstrates a new
higher level constellations for the co-creation co-evolution new, Personal First ways of articulating
not only the Knowledge and Intents we need to solve problems, but
to co-create co-evolve the very means we need to improve our ability to improv
e both our collective knowledge along with the very tools, software we need,
all as a conversations that are continuous without being synchronous, with full provenance,
of all the interaction that lead to the creation of new knowledge including records of who read what when.
What it does
'Tain't what you do but the way that u do it that's what get results
As a Wiki
Like the original Wiki, it is
Non Linear Writing
To being with it is just a Vanilla Wiki
that uses a vanilla WYSIWYG editor to create content
with the ability to create new pages and link them bidirectionally
when you reach the edge of your knowledge (or the existing record of it)
Use a mark-in notation to "semanticise" the text as you write
Trail-Mark-in as a notation allows the writer to Inject information about
the intent/meaning of what you write as you write
Round Trip between Text and Knowledge graph
that captures the semantic context for all the text by
Providing a round trip from the text you write to a knowledge graph that it creates and back
Just a technology demonstrator
easy to emulate compelling to do.
Instead of creating a Wiki as a monolitic app, a silo, of a particullar constellation of tightly coupled capabilities
IndyWiki Itself is composed from a number of capabilities that themseleves are design so that
they should be easy to exchange for alternative ways of doing the same thing
It is done in recognition of the commonaility across a wide range of existing apps like
Wikis, Semantic wikis, Knowledge Graph tools, Tools for thought, 80% of the capabilites in there
appear across all of them each embodying design choices.
Consider a word where each component is created in a process that is Open, Commons based, peer produced,
Remember, we are already in a WebNative constellation.
No backend, because the Network IS the Commons OmniPresent WebNative database.
These components are conceptually are part of any like solution
No signup required,
It is a Wiki that
hat means it is a capability that comes to the persons using it instead of forcing them to go some centralied place
all contributions are fully attributed right down to an individual's "Persona"
Shared them as publicly accessible files using Fission
User Analytics built in
Ability to join as readers
so that access is granted and as the user is following links
to wiki pages
request is send to share it with the user
Ability to join as Writer
This is permissioned
minimal personally identifieable information
is passed to the person running the wiki
It is like revealing your user id in Telegram
a passcode is needed
How we built it
- 2003 - 2004 DTI Smart Awards for Innovation
- Personalized Mobile computing
- Built a graph based self-explicative embeded graph based Personal Information Manager kernel for
- Sony Clie then Windows Mobile as Mformatic later called Opidox
- 2009-14 Opidox WikiNizer Conceptipedia
- As a home project with the support of two friends designed and built with Web Technologies running in
- Android WebView and the browser
- a Personal Information/Project Comprehension/Knowledge Management tool that
- followed Wiki like organizations but with semantic/intentional links behind the scenes
- it was creating a Personal Knowledge/Intent Graph with the ability to articulate and refine
- intentional interpretative structures
- along the edges, that could be made effective in code transformation defined executable dynamically
- The secret sauce was to treat a universally applicable canonical presentation of the underlying graph in HTML
- not only as an exchange format but something that made arbitrary views and applications brought to the content.
- 2014 Linked Up Challenge
- Personal Research Knowledge Graph Builder Harnessing Freebase Linked Data
- Round Trip Between Google Docs and MindGraph
- Precursor of Trail-Mark-in notation
- 2014-15 OrbitDb, Cayley experiments
- Freebase shutdown
- Conclusion No way OrbitDb GraphDatabase as a service was prohibitevly expensive
- Home Brew in browser/memory graph database was performant enough no need for servers
- Focused on Web Trails turn your browsing into a Graph and the ability to take screenshots and add remarks
- MindDrive integrating with Google Drive
- 2017 HyperPost
- Integrating with Google Plus to create a social personal first interest based knowledge graph
2018 Google+ shutdown
needed to anchor Personal Knowledge Graph of not notable entities in notable entities
for discovery and forming autonomous interest based social knowledge networks
- 2019 Kernel for Web3
- 2019-20 Integration with Annotation tools Hypothesis and WorldBrain
- Spun out the bit from TrailMarks responsible for InterPlanetary Storage and Collaboration
- into TrailHub1
- Outrageous Paper for ISWC 19 Research Programme outlined
- 2020 Go WebNative with Fission adopt AppRun
- People-centric Architecture for InterPersonal InterOperability accross all Web Apps
- 2021 IndieVerse, IndieHub, IndyWiki, IndyLab, AppDrive
- Now that the path to our maximal possibility of the tech and our vision intersect
- ready to build together and ship
Challenges we ran into
- Here I reflect challenges that relate to the "Convergence Stack" blockchain and Web3 technologies
- over the past 3 years looked at over 600 Open source project
- at least a 100 in detail
- There are so many projects and approaches.
- Working on the leading edge have the paradox that there is frequent change, need to upgrade,
- but over all progress is slow.
- And even if things getting there, new tech emerges that is compelling
- The only thing that can help is clear thinking and vision.
- But hen you will be a contrarian and people do not understand what are you on about.
- Even if, time after time, you are proven right consistently for decades going back.
- The biggest challenge is to find the glimmer of hope when the wors expectations what it all about proves right
- Good news is there is hope. The new IT Paradigm is just ain't up to the task.
- And the more the totalizing forces push in the more they loose ground.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The idea of Personal Knowledge Graphs, Tools for thoughts, Federated wiki especially when IndyWiki runs along side webnatively
- all these things are but realization of ideas that were all there in Engelbart's 1962 Conceptual Framework.
- I am proud of holding on to the beauty of the original dream the debut of which was that 1962
- to see it come true and being able to contribute to it.
What we learned
- All these answers are not about the work down in the Hackathon
- The hackathon is just a galvanizing opportunity to talk about all the work we have been doing for so long
- on the occasion of having produced novel combination of capabilities to produce something that can
- jumpstart the co-evolution of InterPersonal Computing on the Permanent Web.
What's next for IndyWiki
- Now that we have an end-to-end technology demonstrator IndyWiki and all the capabilities it builds on
- we can consolidate all that to be used in everyday communication and design collectively
- By working with communities that cry out for the capabilities indicated here
- we hope to bring in support.
- Wish to setup projects on Open Collective.
- Would like to be re\dy to propose a Development Grant from Protocol Lab
- That would be the best thing that could happen to us, and would be good for Web 3 itself.
- Our ambition with Indywiki or wiky fs to be
- a catalyst for change that turns the Web into an IndyVerse of
- HyperMedia powered by Inter Personal Computing
- to be the Maker App for Web 3 as the Wiki was for Web 2
- With SoLiD and other initiatives there is a great Paradigm shift towards a
- People Centered Internet (created by Vinton G. Cerf)
- in line with the character of the Internet and its protocol.
- The very format for RFCs was proposed by Engelbart Himself, that is not generally known.
- His original intent runs that deep, it is time to realize it.